is very beautiful and one of the most attraction place in South East Asia
. From the natural beauty of Sapa Mountain
and Halong Bay
to the manmade artistry of the sacred temples and pagodas, to the rice terraces and beaches. Vietnam
has suffered a long dark history of colonialism, communism, war, and poverty.
Make it easy to visit Vietnam wonderful country:
Factor in visa fees – Visiting Vietnam comes with a much higher visa fees than the surrounding Southeast Asian countries. There is 2 ways to get Vietnamese visa, at Vietnam Embassy or upon arrival at airport.
The great news for foreigner:
– Until 31/12/2019, residents from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Japan and Korea can enter to Vietnam with free visa for staying within 15 days.
– Until 30/06/2017, residents from England, France, Germany, Spain and Italia can enter to Vietnam with free visa for staying within 15 days.
Accommodation – Hostels start at $5 per person per night for dorm room. Private rooms average about $20 for a double room. In the past, hostels were pretty scarce, though recently, hostels have started popping up all over the country to accommodate budget travelers. “Homestays” are often popular budget option.
Transportation – Local bus is very cheap in Vietnam. For example, the local bus around Ho Chi Minh City will cost a maximum of 10,000 VND. The train is also another inexpensive way to travel with the 791km long train journey from Da Nang to Hanoi costing 950,000 VND. There are extremely low-cost airlines that can hop you around the country quickly for as little as 800,000 VND. Getting around city by motorbike taxi or taxi are much more convenience.
– Most of Vietnam’s attractions
are based on its natural beauty. Though Vietnam
was slow to develop its huge potential as an outdoor adventure destination, things have really changed in the last few years. Apart from trekking in the mountainous north, you can now also go rock–climbing, canyoning, sea kayaking
or kitesurfing, among other activities. Half-day cooking classes and bicycle tours are heavily targeted at tourists. Tours can be arranged at any travel agencies.
Delicious street food
– The food is usually excellent, really cheap and you can watch it being cooked in front of you. Stick to the local food and you’ll save money. The street-side pho, bread, meat sandwiches (called banh mi), donuts, and bananas are your best deals all of which can be found around 20,000 VND on the streets.
– Tourists tend to be charged more than locals for everything from cycles (a three-wheel bicycle taxi) to clothes to street food. Bargain harder than you would ordinarily, and don’t underestimate the value of walking away.